D-Link DAP-1720 WiFi Range Extender: Full Installation Process
Dlink is a brand that provides several types of networking devices like routers, range extender, boosters and modems. One of the range extenders that Dlink provide is DAP 1720 WiFi extender. There are so many features that DAP device give its users.
This extender device helps you to expand and boosts your WiFi router’s WiFi signals. it is simple to connect with your router and easy to setup through dlinkap.local.
Here we will discuss how you can install your newly bought D-link DAP-1720 WiFi extender. There are several sections, which are unboxing the extender box, specification, troubleshooting tips and installation process. So, let’s start with the in-box accessories of the DAP device.
Accessories: D-Link DAP-1720 Extender
This section contains the information of the extender’s in-box utilities, so let’s list them up without wasting any second.
- A main range extender unit with antennas.
- An Ethernet cable to connect with the router.
- User manual is also included in the new extender box.
Now, look at the specifications of the Dlink DAP device written under this next section.
Specification: D-Link DAP-1720 Extender
In this section, you will see specifications of Dlink DAP range extender; there are front and back view specifications.
- At the front of the extender device, you will find a power button, a stylish logo, and LED light.
- On the side, you will find WPS and reset button, so that you can connect your extender to router wirelessly and reset the system.
- At the back, two plug in rods that are inserted into an electric wall socket to supply power to it.
Here are specifications that explain about the hardware of the D-link DAP-1720. Now, let’s see at some troubleshooting tips that you should apply before starting the extender installation.
Troubleshooting Tips: D-Link DAP-1720
From this section you will learn tips that help you to complete the installation procedure without facing any technical error.
- You must choose an optimal spot to establish connection between the router and range extender.
- Make sure you have Ethernet cable which is in good condition and not cut from anywhere.
- You have to use computer to reach the interface dashboard, where you have to adjust the settings and networks.
- Be sure you have up-to-date web browser in your computer, so that you can easily reach the login page of the interface.
Now, see how you can install the WiFi D-link DAP-1720 WiFi extender device in your home.
Installation: D-Link DAP-1720 Extender
There are two parts that is included here to explain the hardware connection and adjusting the settings and networks. So, let’s complete the D-Link DAP-1720 setup.
You have to just gather an Ethernet cable and choose an optimal location that is close to your router. Simply place the extender, near to the router and find the WAN port of the DAP-1720 and LAN port of the router.
Connect the network cable’s end to the founded ports, and turn on the Dlink range extender. To turn it on, just plug extender to a wall socket and press the power button. Then, you have to manage the settings and networks of it to complete the setup.
To configure the settings and networks, you have to connect your computer to the D-Link DAP-1720 extender via LAN cable. After that just follow some of the simple and easy steps to reach the interface dashboard.
Go to the computer’s web browser and search login URL dlinkap.local or IP address 192.168.0.50. You will get to the interface login page, where you have to type in extender login credentials. You will find these credentials in the user manual.
Press the Enter button on the keyboard. Browser will take you to the interface dashboard, where you can configure the D-Link DAP-1720 range extender. This is how you can complete the Dlink DAP 1720 with the help of some steps.
Let’s End It
Here we have reached at the end of this informative blog in which you have learned everything about D-Link DAP-1720 WiFi extender. At first we have given you in-box and specification information of the extender device. Then, we have shared troubleshooting tips, which you should follow and apply before starting the setup. At last of this blog, we have added installation process of the Dlink WiFi extender device.